About TOTP two-factor authentication
For apps like Google Authenticator, Authy, and other TOTP-based authenticator applications. Requires ProcessWire 3.0.109+.
Modules dealing with logins, passwords, 2-factor authentication, etc.
|Category 2||Users and Access|
Modules dealing with access in ProcessWire via Users, Roles or Permissions.
|Category 3||Tfa Modules|
Tfa modules extend the core Tfa class and each implements a specific kind of two factor authentication.
Close to stable, but users are advised to be cautious and test thoroughly.*
|Date Added||August 10, 2018|
This module's files should be placed in /site/modules/TfaTotp/
How to install or uninstall modules
Works with apps that use TOTP, like:
- Google Authenticator
- Microsoft Authenticator
- Numerous others
Requires ProcessWire 3.0.109 or newer. Also requires that you have an authenticatorapplication installed on your mobile device.
- Place the files for this module in /site/modules/TfaTotp/
- In the admin, go to Modules > Refresh.
- Go to Modules > Site > Tfa, and click install for this module.
- Edit your user profile in the ProcessWire admin.
- Scroll to the bottom and you should see a new field for “Two factor authentication”.
- Select the “TOTP” option and click Submit (note: it’ll ask for your password first).
- After submitting the change, go back to the field and it will want you to open yourauthenticator application to scan the QR code it provides.
- After scanning the QR code, your authenticator app will provide a 6 digit code foryou to enter in ProcessWire. This is just to confirm that everything is working. After doing this, and hitting submit, you are done.
Once two-factor authentication is enabled, when you login, there will be a second stepwhere it will ask you to enter a code. You can get this code by opening your authenticator app.
No comments yet. Be the first to post!
Your e-mail is kept confidential and not included with your comment. Website is optional.
- Admin Helpers
- Core Modules
- Development Tools
- Field Types
- Input Fields
- Language Modules
- Language Packs
- Markup Generation
- Premium Modules
- Process Modules
- Proof of Concept
- Site Profiles
- Social, Feeds, Services
- Text Formatters
- Other Modules
- Users and Access
*Use modules at your own risk. There are no guarantees or warranties. It is recommended that you backup your site and database before installing new modules.