About Email/SMS two-factor authentication
Performs two-factor authentication by sending user an email with a code. Also works with email-to-SMS. Requires ProcessWire 3.0.109+.
Modules dealing with logins, passwords, 2-factor authentication, etc.
|Category 2||Users and Access|
Modules dealing with access in ProcessWire via Users, Roles or Permissions.
Close to stable, but users are advised to be cautious and test thoroughly.*
|Date Added||August 10, 2018|
This module's files should be placed in /site/modules/TfaEmail/
How to install or uninstall modules
Requires ProcessWire 3.0.109 or newer.
- Place the files for this module in /site/modules/TfaEmail/
- In the admin, go to Modules > Refresh.
- Go to Modules > Site > Tfa, and click install for this module.
- Edit your user profile in the ProcessWire admin.
- Scroll to the bottom and you should see a new field for “Two factor authentication”.
- Select the “Email/SMS” option and click Submit (note: it’ll ask for your password first).
- After submitting the change, go back to the field to provide additional info.
- It’ll ask you to confirm that everything is working by having you enter a code. Once you’ve completed that, you are done.
Once two-factor authentication is enabled, when you login, there will be a second stepwhere it will ask you to enter a code.
This module sends emails, however most mobile network providers also provide a free email-to-textservice that can be very useful with this module. For instance, AT&T emails look like
firstname.lastname@example.org where the number portion represents the mobile phone number. You will wantto google “email to text provider” to find out what email address you should use (replacing “provider”
with your mobile service provider).
No comments yet. Be the first to post!
Your e-mail is kept confidential and not included with your comment. Website is optional.
- Admin Helpers
- Core Modules
- Development Tools
- Field Types
- Input Fields
- Language Modules
- Language Packs
- Markup Generation
- Premium Modules
- Process Modules
- Proof of Concept
- Site Profiles
- Social, Feeds, Services
- Text Formatters
- Other Modules
- Users and Access
*Use modules at your own risk. There are no guarantees or warranties. It is recommended that you backup your site and database before installing new modules.