About ProcessWire Accessibility Tools (PWAT)
ProcessWire Accessibility Tools - small toolkit aiming to help you build accessible websites with ProcessWire
|Category 1||Development Tools|
Modules that have more to do with assisting development of a site rather than managing its content.
Modules designed to help site accessibility, standards compliance and SEO.
Close to stable, but users are advised to be cautious and test thoroughly.*
|Compatibility||2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 3.0|
|Date Added||January 5, 2018|
This module's files should be placed in /site/modules/Pwat/
How to install or uninstall modules
A small, but hopefully growing toolkit for creating accessible ProcessWire sites. Right now it consists of the following little helpers:
- tota11y visualization toolkit by Khan Academy
- A toggle button to see view site in grayscale. The w3c recommends checking your page without colours to see if your design still works (accompanied by a colours contrast check, which is part of tota11y)
- A link to test your webpage with WAVE, webaim's Web Accessibility eValuation Tool. By the nature of this tool, the website under test must be available online, local hosts won't work.
Once you have downloaded PWAT, go to your module Install page and click "Check for new modules". Find "ProcessWire Accessibility Tools" and click "Install". During installation, PWAT creates a new role 'pwat_user'. To use the Accessibility Tools, you have to grant user this role.
Following, you can start configuring the module.
PWAT starts with only the tota11y script activated. On the configuration page you can decide
- whether PWAT is visible on admin pages
- if tota11y is active
- if the grayscale toggle is active
- if the link to WAVE will be visible
- The amazing tota11y visualization tool by Khan Academy
- Inspiration: Paul J. Adam's bookmarklets
- Inspiration: WordPress wa11y Plugin
No comments yet. Be the first to post!
Your e-mail is kept confidential and not included with your comment. Website is optional.
- Admin Helpers
- Core Modules
- Development Tools
- Field Types
- File Validator
- Input Fields
- Language Modules
- Language Packs
- Markup Generation
- Premium Modules
- Process Modules
- Proof of Concept
- Site Profiles
- Social, Feeds, Services
- Text Formatters
- Other Modules
- Users and Access
*Use modules at your own risk. There are no guarantees or warranties. It is recommended that you backup your site and database before installing new modules.