About PrivacyWire Cookie Management and async asset loading
Module for Cookie management and async loading of (external) scripts / assets
|Category 1||Markup Generation|
Markup modules that are called upon to generate or parse markup (like HTML). Markup modules are most often used on the front-end of a site (rather than admin).
Modules designed to help site accessibility, standards compliance and SEO.
Close to stable, but users are advised to be cautious and test thoroughly.*
|Date Added||February 17, 2020|
|Last Updated||June 22, 2020|
This module's files should be placed in /site/modules/PrivacyWire/
How to install or uninstall modules
ProcessWire module for Privacy- & Cookie-Management (GDPR)
This module adds management options for cookie groups and corresponding script tags.
This modules outputs a cookie management banner (nearly unstyled, that's up to you) with the possibility for the user to:
- Accept all cookies
- Accept only necessary cookies
- Choose, which cookie categories the user wants to allow
- external media
After the user made his decision, script tags of these categories can be loaded subsequently.
Also other tags can be loaded that way, but this feature is not thoroughly tested yet:
<img type="text/plain" data-category="marketing" data-src="https://via.placeholder.com/300x300">
If you want the user to allow to change the cookie consent, use the following Textformatter:
This module is heavily inspired by the following repos (big thanks!):
- 0.1.1 debugging: fixed error during uninstall
- 0.1.0 changed script detection from type=optin to data-category for W3C validation
- 0.0.7 debugging multi-lang privacy & imprint link
- 0.0.5 Multi-language support included completely (also in TextFormatter). Added possibility to async load other assets (e.g.
<img type="optin" data-category="marketing" data-src="https://via.placeholder.com/300x300">)
- 0.0.4 Added possibility to add an imprint link to the banner
- 0.0.3 Multi-language support for module config (still in development)
- 0.0.2 First release
- 0.0.1 Early development
- Admin Helpers
- Core Modules
- Development Tools
- Field Types
- Input Fields
- Language Modules
- Language Packs
- Markup Generation
- Premium Modules
- Process Modules
- Proof of Concept
- Site Profiles
- Social, Feeds, Services
- Text Formatters
- Other Modules
- Users and Access
*Use modules at your own risk. There are no guarantees or warranties. It is recommended that you backup your site and database before installing new modules.