About Page Rename Options
Determine how pages are renamed when the title is changed
|Category 1||Admin Helpers|
Admin helper modules are those that provide helpful tools, UI enhancements or optimizations to the admin panel (excluding Fieldtype or Inputfield modules).
|Category 2||Development Tools|
Modules that have more to do with assisting development of a site rather than managing its content.
Modules designed to help site accessibility, standards compliance and SEO.
Should be safe for use in production environments. *
|Compatibility||2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 3.0|
|Date Added||September 26, 2014|
|Last Updated||July 29, 2018|
This module's files should be placed in /site/modules/PageRenameOptions/
How to install or uninstall modules
Processwire module determining how pages are renamed when the title is changed
This module may break links to your site because changes to the page's name also change its URL! You REALLY should install Page Path History (core module) to prevent possible broken links.
With none of the settings below checked, the default behavior is to have the page name always match changes to the page title, but allow the user to manually edit if they want. The options allow you to protect initial differences (changes you may have made as a user with an exempt role), completely disable manual changes, or protect manual name changes from subsequent changes to the title while editing.
My preferred settings are to set the exempt role as superuser, and check "Initial Differences Protected" and "Prevent Manual Changes".
Please test the behavior of each setting thoroughly so you understand what each one does!
Please let me know if you have any further requirements around permissions / role access to the module's functionality.
- This is probably the reason you installed this module. You might potentially want to uncheck this when your site is live. You could also uncheck this in conjunction with the "Prevent Manual Changes" option to prevent users from editing the page name. There is now an optional "page-rename" permission in ProcessWire, but the combinations here are still potentially more configurable.
- This is a great option if you want to make names match titles until the point that the page is published. After this, changes will not be automatically made.
- The selected roles will not be subject to any of the rules below.
- The name will change automatically with the title, but they will be able to manually edit the page name as desired.
- Pages that are excluded from the actions of this module. Changing the titles of selected pages will behave as though this module is not installed. For multi-language sites it is recommended to select the site's homepage.
- Templates of pages that are excluded from the actions of this module. Changing the titles of matched pages will behave as though this module is not installed.
- If checked, further changes to the name (to match a changing title) will not happen if the name is already different from the title (evaluated on page edit initial load).
- If checked, it won't be possible to manually edit the name.
- If checked, this will disable the "Live Changes Protected" setting since it won't be possible to make any manual changes.
- If checked, further changes to the name (to match a changing title) will not happen if the name field was manually changed at any time during the current page edit.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.
(See included LICENSE file for full license text.)
- Admin Helpers
- Core Modules
- Development Tools
- Field Types
- Input Fields
- Language Modules
- Language Packs
- Markup Generation
- Premium Modules
- Process Modules
- Proof of Concept
- Site Profiles
- Social, Feeds, Services
- Text Formatters
- Other Modules
- Users and Access
*Use modules at your own risk. There are no guarantees or warranties. It is recommended that you backup your site and database before installing new modules.