Admin and front-end resizing and rasterizing of vector SVG images
Modules that perform some function related to media such as photos and audio/video.
Should be safe for use in production environments. *
|Compatibility||2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 3.0|
|Date Added||February 2, 2014|
|Last Updated||July 7, 2017|
This module's files should be placed in /site/modules/ImageRasterizer/
How to install or uninstall modules
ProcessWire module for admin and front-end resizing and rasterizing of vector SVG images
###RequirementsIMPORTANT: This module requires Imagemagick and the pecl imagick extension. For anything but simple SVGs, you must make sure imagemagick was compiled with a relatively recent version of rsvg (I know that 2.32.1 works well and presumably anything more recent should also be fine).
If you don't manage your own server and the results are not good, check with your host. If everything is set up correctly, the rendered PNGs will be "perfect" representations of the SVGs.
###How to use
You must add SVG as an allowed file type for an images field.
Check the module configuration for a variety of settings for both PNG and JPG output options.In particular be aware of the Rasterized Images Field selector:
- If you choose "None" only the SVG will be stored in the images field. You can still access rasterized versions via the rasterize() method - see below for details.
- If you choose 'Replace the source image thumbnail' it will replace the SVG with a rasterized version when viewing the thumbnails in the admin. This can significantly speed things up with complex SVG files.
Once the module configuration settings are completed:
- Upload an SVG image and the module will create a rasterized version.
- You need to save the page to see the rasterized version which can then be accessed via the API like any other image.
- The module also adds a new method: rasterize() which can be called from your templates like:
- This method optionally resizes the vector version of the image and then rasterizes it so you can scale it infinitely and there will be no loss of quality. Make sure you point it to the svg version in your images field.
####Support Forum http://processwire.com/talk/topic/4632-image-rasterizer/
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/ormodify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public Licensealong with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.
(See included LICENSE file for full license text.)
No comments yet. Be the first to post!
Your e-mail is kept confidential and not included with your comment. Website is optional.
- Admin Helpers
- Core Modules
- Development Tools
- Field Types
- Input Fields
- Language Modules
- Language Packs
- Markup Generation
- Premium Modules
- Process Modules
- Proof of Concept
- Site Profiles
- Social, Feeds, Services
- Text Formatters
- Other Modules
- Users and Access
*Use modules at your own risk. There are no guarantees or warranties. It is recommended that you backup your site and database before installing new modules.