About CKEditor Link Files
Adds a menu to CKEditor to allow the quick insertion of links to files.
Admin helper modules are those that provide helpful tools, UI enhancements or optimizations to the admin panel (excluding Fieldtype or Inputfield modules).
Close to stable, but users are advised to be cautious and test thoroughly.*
|Date Added||January 11, 2018|
|Last Updated||April 16, 2018|
This module's files should be placed in /site/modules/CkeLinkFiles/
How to install or uninstall modules
A module for ProcessWire CMS/CMF. Adds a menu to CKEditor to allow the quick insertion of links to files on the page being edited.
- Hover a menu item to see the "Description" of the corresponding file (if present).
- Click a menu item to insert a link to the corresponding file at the current cursor position. The filename is used as the link text.
- If you Alt-click a menu item the file description is used as the link text (with fallback to filename if no description entered).
- If text is currently selected in the editor then the selected text is used as the link text.
- Click "* Insert links to all files *" to insert an unordered list of links to all files on the page. Also works with the Alt-click option.
- Menu is built via AJAX so newly uploaded files are included in the menu without the page needing to be saved. However, descriptions are not available for newly uploaded files until the page is saved.
Install the CKEditor Link Files module.
For any CKEditor field where you want the "Insert link to file" dropdown menu to appear in the CKEditor toolbar, visit the field settings and add "LinkFilesMenu" to the "CKEditor Toolbar" settings field.
- Admin Helpers
- Core Modules
- Development Tools
- Field Types
- Input Fields
- Language Modules
- Language Packs
- Markup Generation
- Premium Modules
- Process Modules
- Proof of Concept
- Site Profiles
- Social, Feeds, Services
- Text Formatters
- Other Modules
- Users and Access
*Use modules at your own risk. There are no guarantees or warranties. It is recommended that you backup your site and database before installing new modules.