About Automatically link page titles
This converts all page titles to a link to the corresponding page.
Textformatter modules that provide run-time formatting for blocks of text (typically used with Text/Textarea fields).
Close to stable, but users are advised to be cautious and test thoroughly.*
|Date Added||November 22, 2018|
|Last Updated||December 9, 2018|
This module's files should be placed in /site/modules/TextformatterPageTitleLinks/
How to install or uninstall modules
This is a Textformatter module for ProcessWire that replaces any title of pages on your site with links to that page.
Textformatters are a type of ProcessWire that allow you to perform some automated formatting on any text field output when you access the field through the API. This module has a simple purpose: Whenever your text includes the title of another page on your site, the formatter automatically adds a link (an anchor tag) to that page. This is useful for quickly connecting multiple pages, and for SEO purposes. You can limit this functionality by template, so only pages using the specified templates will get automatically linked.
- Allows you to limit the automatic links by template.
- Only includes published & visible pages by default, with an option to include hidden pages.
- Automatically excludes the current page, with an option to change that behaviour.
- Supports multi-language sites. Titles will only be linked if a title in the current language is set.
- Can add configurable CSS classes to all automatically created links.
- Includes the ability to use page fields as replacement patterns for CSS classes.
- Queries the database directly for improved performance.
- Only queries the database once per request & language.
- This uses regex, so if it's used on a site with many pages, this will have a significant performance impact! Make sure to cache the results.
- The formatter does not check if the title is already placed within an anchor tag (this is non-trivial as the replacement is done using regex, which is not great at backtracking - let me know if you have any suggestions).
- If there are multiple pages with the same title, a random one will get linked (determined by MySQL, as the query uses
GROUP BYto prevent duplicates).
- If the page has no title in the current language, it won't be linked (this could be seen as a feature as well ...).
- Make multi-language behaviour configurable.
- Inbuilt caching per field and page.
This module is available in the module directory here. You can download it through the backend using the classname
TextformatterPageTitleLinks. You can also manually clone or download the repository into your
site/modules directory and install it through the backend.
After that, simply add the textformatter to any fields you want to via the field settings.
The module is configurable through the ProcessWire backend. After installation, you first have to set the templates you wish to be automatically linked. By default, no templates are selected, so this module will do nothing!
- If you want to include hidden pages, activate the corresponding option.
- By default, the module will not create self-referential links (links to the page the field is on), this behaviour can be configured.
- You can add any number of CSS classes you want to add to all automatically generated links through the settings as well.
No comments yet. Be the first to post!
Your e-mail is kept confidential and not included with your comment. Website is optional.
- Admin Helpers
- Core Modules
- Development Tools
- Field Types
- Input Fields
- Language Modules
- Language Packs
- Markup Generation
- Premium Modules
- Process Modules
- Proof of Concept
- Site Profiles
- Social, Feeds, Services
- Text Formatters
- Other Modules
- Users and Access
*Use modules at your own risk. There are no guarantees or warranties. It is recommended that you backup your site and database before installing new modules.