About Page Protector
Allows site editors to protect pages from guest access.
|Category 1||Development Tools|
Modules that have more to do with assisting development of a site rather than managing its content.
|Category 2||Users and Access|
Modules dealing with access in ProcessWire via Users, Roles or Permissions.
Should be safe for use in production environments. *
|Compatibility||2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 3.0|
|Date Added||November 25, 2014|
|Last Updated||February 15, 2018|
This module's files should be placed in /site/modules/PageProtector/
How to install or uninstall modules
Processwire module to allow site editors to protect pages from guest access.
- Ability for your site editors to control the user access to pages directly from Settings tab of each page
- Include whether to protect all children of this page or not
- Optionally allow access to only specified roles
- Option to protect all hidden pages (and optionally their children)
- Ability to change the message on the login page to make it specific to this page
- Option to have login form and prohibited message injected into a custom template
- Access to the "Protect this Page" settings panel is controlled by the "page-edit-protected" permission
- Table in the module config settings that lists the details all of the protected pages
- Shortcut to protect entire site with one click
You can make changes to the protection settings of a page via the API
// all optional, except "page_protected", which must be set to true/false // if setting it to false, the other options are not relevant $options = array( "page_protected" => true, "children_protected" => true, "allowed_roles" => array("role1", "role2"), "message_override" => "My custom login message", "prohibited_message" => "My custom prohibited access message" ); $page->protect($options);
You can also check the status of a page with:
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/ormodify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public Licensealong with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.
(See included LICENSE file for full license text.)
No comments yet. Be the first to post!
Your e-mail is kept confidential and not included with your comment. Website is optional.
- Admin Helpers
- Core Modules
- Development Tools
- Field Types
- Input Fields
- Language Modules
- Language Packs
- Markup Generation
- Premium Modules
- Process Modules
- Proof of Concept
- Site Profiles
- Social, Feeds, Services
- Text Formatters
- Other Modules
- Users and Access
*Use modules at your own risk. There are no guarantees or warranties. It is recommended that you backup your site and database before installing new modules.