About Page Path History (Core)
Keeps track of past URLs where pages have lived and automatically redirects (301 permament) to the new location whenever the past URL is accessed.
|Category 1||Admin Helpers|
Admin helper modules are those that provide helpful tools, UI enhancements or optimizations to the admin panel (excluding Fieldtype or Inputfield modules).
Modules designed to help site accessibility, standards compliance and SEO.
|Category 3||Core Modules|
Core modules are those already included with the ProcessWire core, but not necessarily installed. Most modules listed here can be installed by going to the modules screen and clicking "install" next to the module name.
Should be safe for use in production environments. *
|Compatibility||2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 3.0|
|Date Added||July 31, 2012|
With the Page Path History module you can move or rename any pages and all the old URLs will redirect to the new, automated behind the scenes, without any thinking on your part.
The Page Path History module keeps track of the previous URLs for any pages that have been moved or renamed. It then sets up automatic redirects (301, permanent) to ensure the old URLs redirect to the new ones. This is best demonstrated by a few examples:
- Lets say you had the page /about/contact/ and you moved it to /contact/. With the Page Path History module installed, anyone accessing /about/contact/ will get redirected to /contact/.
- You had a page called /our-products/ and you renamed it to be [/u]/products/. Any accesses to /our-products/ will now get redirected to /products/.
- Lets say you had the page /our-products/furniture/eames-chair/ and you did like in the previous example and renamed /our-products/ to be /products/. The /our-products/furniture/eames-chair/ URL will now redirect to /products/furniture/eames-chair/ (and likewise for any other URLs under the /furniture/ structure).
- Later on you decide to rename /products/ to just /inventory/. All the /our-products/ and /products/ URLs will continue to work with redirects.
- You decide that eames-chair really belongs in /chairs/ rather than /inventory/, so you drag it to /chairs/eames-chair/. It's old URLs redirect to it's new URL.
This module is already included with the ProcessWire core. To install, go to Admin > Modules > Page > Page Path History > and click install.
Your e-mail is kept confidential and not included with your comment. Website is optional.
- Admin Helpers
- Core Modules
- Development Tools
- Field Types
- File Validator
- Input Fields
- Language Modules
- Language Packs
- Markup Generation
- Premium Modules
- Process Modules
- Proof of Concept
- Site Profiles
- Social, Feeds, Services
- Text Formatters
- Other Modules
- Users and Access
*Use modules at your own risk. There are no guarantees or warranties. It is recommended that you backup your site and database before installing new modules.