About Breadcrumb Dropdowns
Adds dropdown menus of page edit links to the breadcrumbs in Page Edit.
Admin helper modules are those that provide helpful tools, UI enhancements or optimizations to the admin panel (excluding Fieldtype or Inputfield modules).
Close to stable, but users are advised to be cautious and test thoroughly.*
|Date Added||July 18, 2018|
|Last Updated||November 20, 2018|
This module's files should be placed in /site/modules/BreadcrumbDropdowns/
How to install or uninstall modules
A module for ProcessWire CMS/CMF. Adds dropdown menus of page edit links to the breadcrumbs in Page Edit.
Install the Breadcrumb Dropdowns module. The module requires ProcessWire >= v3.0.83 and AdminThemeUikit.
There is a checkbox option in the module config that determines if the breadcrumb dropdowns will include pages that the user does not have permission to edit.
- The module adds an additional breadcrumb item at the end for the currently edited page. That's because I think it's more intuitive for the dropdown under each breadcrumb item to show the item's sibling pages rather than the item's child pages.
- In the dropdown menus the current page and the current page's parents are highlighted in a crimson colour to make it easier to quickly locate them in case you want to edit the next or previous sibling page.
- Unpublished and hidden pages are indicated in the dropdowns with similar styling to that used in Page List.
- If the option to include uneditable pages is selected then those pages are indicated by italics with a reduced text opacity and the "not-allowed" cursor is shown on hover.
- There is a limit of 25 pages per dropdown for performance reasons and to avoid the dropdown becoming unwieldy.
- If the current user is allowed to add new pages under the parent page an "Add New" link is shown at the bottom of the breadcrumb dropdown.
- If the currently edited page has children or the user may add children, a caret at the end of the breadcrumbs reveals a dropdown of up to the first 25 children and/or an "Add New" link.
If you want to override the siblings that are listed in the dropdowns you can hook the
BreadcrumbDropdowns::getSiblings method and change the returned PageArray. For most use cases this won't be necessary.
This module replaces the
AdminThemeUikit::renderBreadcrumbs method so will potentially be incompatible with other modules that hook the same method.
No comments yet. Be the first to post!
Your e-mail is kept confidential and not included with your comment. Website is optional.
- Admin Helpers
- Core Modules
- Development Tools
- Field Types
- Input Fields
- Language Modules
- Language Packs
- Markup Generation
- Premium Modules
- Process Modules
- Proof of Concept
- Site Profiles
- Social, Feeds, Services
- Text Formatters
- Other Modules
- Users and Access
*Use modules at your own risk. There are no guarantees or warranties. It is recommended that you backup your site and database before installing new modules.