About Blog Profile
Provides a fully featured, responsive and ready-to-go blog site profile for ProcessWire.
|Category 1||Site Profiles|
A site profile represents a full ProcessWire site ready to be installed.
|Category 2||Social, Feeds, Services|
Modules that provide or work with social networking services and/or external feeds.
Should be safe for use in production environments. *
|Date Added||July 31, 2012|
Blog Profile Features
Beyond all the great editing features already included with ProcessWire, the blog profile includes these features and more:
- Mobile-friendly (responsive)
- Customizable categories and tags
- Monthly and yearly archives
- Comments may be browsed with posts or on their own
- Author biographies
- Customizable and sortable sidebar widgets
- Recent comments and recent posts widgets
- Can be connected to your Twitter account with the Recent Tweets widget
- RSS feeds for posts by date or category
- RSS feed for recent comments
- Built-in lightbox photo gallery
- Built-in YouTube and Vimeo video embedding–just paste in the video URL!
- Multi-language ready
- Custom search engine for blog posts
- Markup and styles based on the Skeleton boilerplate CSS framework.
- Built around well documented, easy-to-understand and easy-to-modify ProcessWire template files and CSS. This makes it easy for you to use as-is or as a starting point for your own completely custom blog.
About the Blog Profile
The profile can be used as-is or modified to suit your needs. This blog profile was made by Ryan Cramer for use with ProcessWire open source CMS/CMF version 2.2+. The front-end uses the Skeleton CSS framework, making it responsive and mobile friendly. The color scheme used on this profile is based on Nikola Vidoni's Futura admin theme for ProcessWire.
See an example of this blog profile in action
How to Install
Grab a copy of the latest ProcessWire. Replace the install, modules and templates directories with those in this profile, as shown below:
That is all there is to do. Install ProcessWire as per the instructions included with it and it will install the blog profile automatically.
This is a basic blog profile designed to get you started quickly. The profilecan be used as-is or modified to suit your needs. This blog profile was made by Ryan Cramer for use with ProcessWire open source CMS/CMF version 2.5+. The front-end uses the Skeleton CSS framework, making it responsive and mobile friendly. The color scheme used on this profile is based on Nikola Vidoni's Futura admin theme for ProcessWire.
For an example of this blog profile in action, see http://processwire.com/blogtest/
This profile requires ProcessWire 2.5 or newer.
Grab a copy of the latest ProcessWire.Copy or upload the /site-blog/ directory and everything in it to the root of your ProcessWire files. This is the same directory that ProcessWire's index.php and /site-default/ directories live. So you'll have a /site-blog/ alongside ProcessWire's /site-default/ and any other profiles it comes with.
Load the URL in your browser to initiate the installer. Select the "Blog Profile"from the dropdown when prompted to do so. The installer will take care of the rest.
Copyright 2015 by Ryan Cramer / ProcessWire
Your e-mail is kept confidential and not included with your comment. Website is optional.
- Admin Helpers
- Core Modules
- Development Tools
- Field Types
- File Validator
- Input Fields
- Language Modules
- Language Packs
- Markup Generation
- Premium Modules
- Process Modules
- Proof of Concept
- Site Profiles
- Social, Feeds, Services
- Text Formatters
- Other Modules
- Users and Access
*Use modules at your own risk. There are no guarantees or warranties. It is recommended that you backup your site and database before installing new modules.